It was in early 1940's that the two brothers, Late Mr. Ramnarayan Zagdu Singh and Late Mr. Shyamnarayan Zagdu Singh hailing from a small village Kaithi Shankarpur in Azamgarh District of Uttar Pradesh came to Mumbai in search of livelihood. They settled in Poisar, Kandivali (E), then a very remote area in the foothills of Borivali - Kanheri Hills. Hailing from an agricultural background, the two brothers soon undertook agricultural activities along with the employment in nearby industries.
Being socially committed, they aspired for the development of society. They knew in their hearts that they were stronger than others in the world and felt a serenity based on certainty that nothing could shake their faith. Their unusual strength helped them to make the right decision at the right time. Having little formal education themselves, they aspired to produce highly educated and qualified professionals to take their country to new heights of glory. Thus was born the dream for the development of society through education. Both the brothers educated their children and passed on the light of social commitment to them.